Sunday, September 29, 2013

Monday Lunchbox


Today my girls both made me a proud mama! As usual, I gave them the option to eat what is being served in the cafeteria or a packed lunch. After hearing that hot dogs are on the menu at school, they both chose a lunch packed by me stating that "the hot dogs at school are gross." Even after I told them I would be packing salads they still scoffed at the processed, preservative-filled hot dogs offered in the lunch room. My heart swells with pride from the fact that my kids will choose a salad over a hot dog. It may not happen everytime, but I'll take it today!
So for lunch the girls will have a salad with spinach leaves, carrots, broccoli, and grape tomatoes. I've included some real bacon bits and shredded cheddar cheese for topping the salad. They have ranch dressing in the lidded part of the reusable container. There are grapes in Isis's box,and Joplin has kiwi berries. These little green grape-sized fruit taste just like a tart kiwi. They even look like a kiwi on the inside. 
I packed some whole wheat crackers on the side, along with honey roasted peanuts in the white containers, and each kid's favorite granola bar.  

1 comment:

  1. AWESOME Stef!! What a great idea! I gotta find kiwi berries!!

    ReplyDelete