Monday, September 9, 2013

Momma's Lunch

As a stay at home mom, I spend a lot of time planning and preparing meals for my family. Once they are off to school and work, and the baby is fed, I have precious little time to worry about what I will eat. In the past I have just skipped lunch or grabbed a snack at a fast food drive thru as I leave to pick up the girls from school.
Now that I am breastfeeding again that just doesn't cut it. Even if I weren't nursing, maintaining a healthy diet needs to be a priority so I have the energy to be the best wife and mom I can be. I don't know about you, but when I'm hungry I get GRUMPY! I feel bad, get a headache, and forget things. It's just better (and helps to maintain a healthy weight) to eat 3 meals a day, and pack them with nutritious foods.

Today I am having a quick, very healthy and low fat lunch of white corn tortilla chips, fresh snap peas, and homemade hummus.


I made a big batch of hummus about a month ago, and froze pint size servings. I stuck this in the fridge to thaw on Sunday morning so it was ready to spoon into a small bowl and reheat. I don't like cold hummus. All I had left to do was wash the snap peas and lunch was ready!
This was way more filling than a sandwich with so much more nutrtion, and really tasty. 

No comments:

Post a Comment