Friday, September 27, 2013

Friday Lunchbox

Whoo hoo! It's Friday! I can't believe I actually made it through the week without a single trip to the grocery store, but I did have to get creative with today's lunch since we are out of bread, rolls, and bagels.
The girls usually love cream cheese on bagels or spread on saltines. In order to pack in the nutrition (and flavor) I am packing triscuit-style woven wheat crackers (the Aldi brand) along with a small lidded bowl with cream cheese and a pink plastic knife (leftovers from a birthday party) for spreading. I included a sturdy birthday napkin because the cream cheese can be messy and sticky. A thin napkin will just rip apart if you wipe sticky hands with it.
They will also get two picks with black olives, a Cutie orange, and a granola bar. As a special Friday treat they get two cookies from the fall harvest cookie pack we bought this weekend.
Everything is packed in plastic bags today because we had a really busy Thursday. Between a fall picture session and the high school homecoming parade I didn't have time to wash up the reusable containers.

The girls got new lunch boxes too! We found these at Dollar General on clearance for $3 each. What what?! It's always nice to have a backup lunch box because sometimes they need to be soaked or aired out from having things spilled in them. Joplin's regular box is smelling a little funky, and I'm pretty sure the yogurt she spilled in it last week is festering in the lining so I'm about to give it a good soak in some vinegar and baking soda. I'll do the same to Isis's box just for good measure. 

No comments:

Post a Comment