Sunday, September 1, 2013

Holiday Weekend and Snack Share

I hope everyone is enjoying the holiday weekend! So far we haven't been very productive, other than buying my oldest some new sneakers so she can run in comfort next week when her class starts the "Mileage Club."
She will be running laps around the track on the playground, and earn rewards the more she runs.
Tonight my big girls will be staying at their Nana's house, which is a welcome break for them and me! They love spending time with my mom. They get to eat special snacks, stay up late, play, and watch movies.
Hubby and I will be taking the baby with us to a cook out with his family, then we'll come home and hopefully get little one to sleep and enjoy watching some shows we'd like to catch up on. Monday I'll have the whole family home with me, so I won't be posting a Monday Lunchbox article, but I may try to write a short blurb about what we have for lunch or dinner.
In the meantime, I'd like to share a snack I made today. I LOVED them, but the kids weren't too impressed so they will probably only be on the menu when I need a quick breakfast/snack.


Frozen Banana and Peanut Butter Vanilla Wafer-wiches

Instructions:
1. Slice a banana (I sliced them medium-thin so I could pop them in my mouth in one bite.)
2. Spread creamy peanut butter on the flat side of vanilla wafers (2 wafers for each banana slice - ie. 12 banana slices means you need 24 vanilla wafers)
3. place a slice between two wafers and put in a freezer safe container. They will tend to slide apart so I suggest setting them flat so they don't fall apart.
4. Freeze for at least 1 hour before eating.

These should keep in the freezer for up to 1 week.

No comments:

Post a Comment