Saturday, September 14, 2013

Meal Plan -Dinners September 15-21

This week my meal plan will end on Friday because we are planning a shopping trip for Saturday, and I'll be planning the meals after that around the ads that go into effect on Wednesday. 
This Sunday we are trying out something new and fun! I have hot dog buns, but no hot dogs so I'm trying out a grilled hamburger patty in the shape of a hot dog. Hopefully the kids will think this is cool, and decide to eat since they rarely finish a regular hamburger (weird, right?).

Last week we skipped our last pork chop meal, and ate out because I was exhausted from being up all night with the baby, so i still have those chops. I'll be cooking them sweet an sour style on Monday with carrots and green beans.
Tuesday we will have meatless nachos with homemade guacamole. I got avacados at 3 for $1 this weekend, so that makes for a healthy and cheap side. I will also use leftover beans from tonight with a little chili and cumin added for mexican flavor (so technically they will have some meat).
I have just enough natural bacon left to make breakfast for dinner on Wednesday - always a big hit with the kids. 
Thursday we will use the pork chops I bought this weekend on sale for 40% off. The sides will be roasted brussel sprouts, spinach pear salad, and corn on the cob. 
We get paid on Friday so we will treat ourselves to a meal out!

No comments:

Post a Comment