Friday, September 6, 2013

Mobilizing My Meal Plan

There are many advantages to meal planning. They are a great way too save money and time, reduce stress and waste, and avoid expensive restaurant and take out meals. Purchasing all the ingredients you'll need for a week's worth of meals means less trips to the store, and more time with your family.

I don't always write down a formal meal plan, but usually have a good idea of what we will eat for the week. Lately, this has been a struggle for me, though. Perhaps it's adjusting to our new school schedule that has thrown me off. Whatever it is, I decided to try out an app to keep track of the groceries in my fridge and pantry, and create meal plans. I downloaded Food Planner to my Android phone today.
So far I have added a few of our favorite recipes and the groceries that I'm currently stocked up on, and made a plan for tonight's dinner.
I love that I can add recipes from the web, making it really easy to keep track of everything in one place instead of trying to jump from page to page for the recipes I need. Adding ingredients was simple, and allowed me to adjust quantities and add notes. I can't wait to use the bar code scanner to add additional groceries with no typing out descriptions.

 















Creating the meal plan was as simple as tapping the recipe I wanted to use!

I'm on a tight budget for the next two weeks, so hopefully this app will make it easier to stick to a meal plan. I'll definitely write an update and report how it goes.

Do you meal plan? What tools have been helpful to you? Please share any tips you have for making meal planning work.

No comments:

Post a Comment