Thursday, September 19, 2013

Thursday Lunchbox - September 19, 2013

I had a question from a reader yesterday about packing leftovers from a taco dinner. So this one is for you, Kim.
Instead of trying to fit a taco shell in the lunch box, I opted for tortilla chips. These are the kind shaped like bowls. This should make it easy for the girls to pile on their toppings. You could also use soft tortillas and fold it up to fit in the compartment.

They will build each nacho like a mini taco salad. The small lidded bowls have salsa. I usually buy the lime and garlic or black bean and corn varieties because they are not spicy. Each girl has shredded cheese, orange cherry tomatoes, a few sprigs of fresh cilantro, and spinach leaves. Joplin loves avocados, so I added some to her box. I'm not sure how well they will hold up in there, but maybe the bag will keep them from getting soft and brown. I added some raisins for Isis for an extra fruit. They will be packing their travel bottles with water to drink today.

No comments:

Post a Comment