Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Lunchbox Round Up

Today is the first day of our school week this week, and the girls have a lunch box packed with nachos consisting of corn tortilla chips, salsa, shredded cheddar cheese, lettuce, cherry tomatoes, and sour cream. They each have an apple juice box and Joplin chose fresh plums while Isis has orange slices as her fruit choice.
I have written posts about most of our staple lunch box meals, an will not be posting a daily lunchbox post in an effort to expand my blog. I will continue to post when we have special themed lunches or new ideas, and please feel free to contact me or comment with your ideas and suggestions! I'd love to get the input of other moms and dads!
Just as a refresher I'll list the lunch box meals I refer to time and again to fill my girls' bellies with healthy, yummy food. I always start with the main dish, and add sides that fill in the gaps in the meal. My goal is to have at least 1 protein, whole grain and dairy item, two fruits and two veggies. Sometimes I don't get all of them in, but I make up for it at dinner time. 
To start, here is the meal they are having today...
1. Nachos 
2. Cheese, meat, and crackers
3. Peanut better and jelly or honey
4. Cream cheese pinwheels or flour tortillas
5. Salad
6. Cheese wrap/roll ups
7. Peanut butter crackers
8. Hot Dogs (preservative free turkey dogs)
9. Sandwich with turkey/ham and cheese
10. Breakfast food

No comments:

Post a Comment