Thursday, August 29, 2013

Thursday Lunchbox

I am obligated (by my own conscious, of course) to report that Wednesday's lunchbox was a bust :(
My girls brought home most of their pretzels, tomatoes, and pinwheels, and only ate fruit and marshmallow rice treats. I guess it could be worse, but I'm still not satisfied with the quality of their meals.

Thursday will be different! I've turned to the original, good old standby "Momma's lunchable."
Today the girls will get identical lunches, but in different containers. First, the crackers are buttery store brand Ritz in a snack zipper bag. Then I added sliced mozzarella and deli turkey breast cut into circles with a small cookie cutter.

Raw baby carrots and broccoli are accompanied by some ranch dressing for dipping. Finally, a SMALL marshmallow rice treat in a zipper bag will be the only sweet item for today's meal.

These tried and true staples of the lunchbox will surely end up in their bellies instead of the trash can...at least I hope so!

No time for pictures today, sorry!

No comments:

Post a Comment